For workgroup members, a service manager sets up your organization for code signing. You can perform code signing through a secure web-based portal or this API.
You use this service to perform the following tasks:
- View the signing services that you can use with getSigningServices.
- A signing service determines the type of software that you can submit for signing. For example, a signing service for Android lets the workgroup request signing for .apk files. Work with your service manager to determine the signing services that you need.
- Depending on your setup, some of your signing services may use a test CA. You can use such services for pre-production signing.
- Also depending on your setup, you may be able to configure a signing service so that any signing set that uses this service is forwarded to your service manager or to a test house for review and approval.
- After review and approval is done, the signing set is then automatically submitted for signing.
- Create signing sets and submit them for signing with requestSigning.
- Signing sets contain the software to be signed, plus (depending on your local processes) additional files such as PDFs or images.
- Additionally, your service manager may require you to submit your application for review and approval before it can be signed.